Popular Posts

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Review

Yes, folks, I am back to knitting. So here is a brief review of 2 new yarns that I have tried. One is dragon fly by classic elite. It is a novelty yarn that has little paperesque pieces tied to the yarn string. I suppose that they are trying to replicate dragonfly wings, for lack of a better word. Novelty yarns aren't really my thing, but I did go through a period where I did snatch up a bunch of them, and now I have to use them. So as novelty yarns go, this one is pretty interesting. It gives visual appeal. I would reccomend knitting with it, because if you crochet with it, you lose all your stitches. You won't be able to figure out where they are. It would really stink. But it turns out really cute. I just reccoment pairing with another yarn as well to give it some heft. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
The second yarn is La Gran Classic Elite Mohair. It is definitely mohair-y. It is strong and has an aura about it that has a resemblance to a cloud. It may be too much for some people, but it blended well with my other yarn for a scarf, and it was very warm. I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment