Popular Posts

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yes, I know it is not Wednesday, nor is it Friday

I thought that I would give a brief review to The Fibre Company's Road to China Light yarn. Typically this would be done in the Wednesday Review, but I have committed myself to an extraordinary amount of volunteer work this month, so everything else is going to seed. The Road to China Light is comprised of baby alpaca, camel, and cashmere, and is endurably soft. That being said, I thought that the stitch definition would be more clear for the pattern  I was working on according to pictures I had seen on other peoples' blogs. But I was not disappointed by the softness. The loft was very nice, and I have received several nice comments about the yarn. I would reccomend it again. 4 out of 5 stars.
I am also reviewing Patons lace and sequins. It is sturdy, comes in a variety of lovely colors, and I like the sequins. It is nice to see a sequin yarn that doesn't look like the sequins have been thrown up all over the place, vomited to inconsistency. I know it isn't the ideal fancy yarn that costs $50 per ball, but it still looks classy at an eighth the cost. Sometimes you gotta go on a budget, you know?! I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Also, I would like to post some finished projects. This is just a basic stockinette stitch scarf that I made out of the 2 yarns that I reviewed in my previous post. I am not a fan of fashion yarn, but if you have to get rid of it, and you need a fast scarf, I do reccomend a fast stockinette scarf. I do not, however, reccomend crocheting with fashion yarn, as you will lose your stitches should you need to rip it back. But my grandma liked the scarf, and that is all that matters.
Next up is the frukttgard hat, which I am sure that I am spelling incorrectly, which I made with The Fibre Company's Road to China Light in Grey Pearl. I enjoyed the finished project, and the process wasn't too tedious, however, the directions required 1 skein. I ended up with 12 rows to go and needing another skein. Yes, I checked my guage. And I would have made the smaller size. I perennially find that making the larger size, despite my very large noggin, makes it too large after fulling the yarn.

And here is a leaf and vine hat that I made many moons ago in a needle size larger and a yarn heavier than called for. Therefore, it turned out to be a beanie, and not a beret. But I still like it.

And last, but not least, is a potato chip scarf in Patons lace and sequins. It could not be a simpler project, and it achieves the desired result. And a little bit of sparkle is nice every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment