Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Long time, no posty

I have been in and out of town for a while. A long while. Every 3 weeks. And I have been working on a shawl and making very little headway. Then my home health nurse decided to leave me, so I worked on 3 little projects for her. Then I decided things were just out of control. I mean seriously. I have at least 10 unfinished projects just laying around my yarn room begging to be worked on. Possibly more. And here you are, being neglected. So I made a list to prioritize. It doesn't mean that I am working any faster. It just means that I am working in order now. And I am going out of town again. For the second time in 2 weeks. And I will be out of town again next week. I am now officially living out of a suitcase. It is exhausting on my health. I am officially clinically exhausted. Not to mention that traveling is exhausting my wallet. At a time when my husband is changing careers, it is most inconvenient. If there was any way around this, I would find one. But there is not. So here we go.
Party wristlets
I just needed a quick project that took me less than a day for a going away present for my home health nurse, Alicia. I am not a big fan of buying yarn from large chain stores, but it had to do in a pinch. It turned out ok, and Alicia was happy with the results, which is all that really matters.

Sparkly Stockinette Scarf
I find that the best scarf in a rush is two novelty yarns held together and knit in a stockinette. It is quick, and it provides the desired effect. Especially if the gift receiver knows nothing about knitting, they are really impressed. This was made out of two sparkly yarns, burgundy and gun metal grey. I spent a lot of money initally on the yarns at a little yarn store in Mendocino, CA. They are Italian, but I lost the labels and can’t remember the name of the yarn. This scarf is definitely more about form than function.
 Sparkle flower wristlets
I just needed a quick project that took me less than a day for a going away present for my home health nurse, Alicia. I am not a big fan of buying yarn from large chain stores, but it had to do in a pinch. It turned out ok, and Alicia was happy with the results, which is all that really matters. Also, I used leftovers, not the sparkly yarn that the pattern called for. I also used some leftover beads that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment