This week I have the fortunate opportunity of reviewing Becoming Art's Cielo Sport yarn. Becoming Art hand dyes their yarn, aiming for a complete saturation of color, and an uniqueness all their own each time. I ordered clove, which I enjoyed immensely. I would say that clove was an accurate description, since it came in shades of woodsy browns. Dried cloves in fact. It was just what I was looking for. The twist is great. The stitch definition is fantastic. I would love the chance to work with it more and review the other products that the owner, Lisa Sanchez, has to offer. I would definitely reccomend it. The only drawback is the price. At over $20 a skein, it is not out of range with other hand dyed yarns, but may be out of range for the average knitter. I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.
Popular Posts
-
Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless ...
-
I had my eye out on this shawl since I started following Julie Crawford’s blog, knittedbliss. I was just looking for the right color contras...
-
First, another shout out to Julie Crawford, of http://knittedbliss.com , for her recent pattern publish in knitty . It seems like a lovely r...
-
Well, I would like to start out by saying,"Welcome to my first blog!" I spent many an hour agonizing over what I would talk about ...
-
I have been in and out of town for a while. A long while. Every 3 weeks. And I have been working on a shawl and making very little headway....
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...
-
Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acqu...
-
This is the Chloe, a pattern by Alana Dakos. I am always partial to her patterns, as I think that they are clever, well-written, pretty, and...
-
I thought that I would give a brief review to The Fibre Company's Road to China Light yarn. Typically this would be done in the Wednesda...
-
It turns out that I did have one new development. I finished the Molly Beret by Alana Dakos. I made it for my friend Lindsay in the violet a...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment