Bring the fortune and life of a past finished project up to the present. Document the current state and use of an object you have knitted or crocheted, whether it is the hat your sister wears to school almost every day, or a pair of socks you wore until they were full of hole. Or maybe that jumper that your did just didn’t like that much…
When I lived in California, I worked for Wells Fargo as a personal banker in a grocery store branch. For those who don't understand the concept, it is a small bank literally inside of a grocery store. We had 3 tellers at any given time there also. One was a very elderly Japanese woman named Sachi. She was a hoot. Incredibly funny, and spunky as all get out. She was probably about 4'6". She was always pinching my cheeks and telling me what a good girl I was. She used to bring me home-made sushi and cut persimmons from her tree at home. I loved that woman.
She made me a parrot green crocheted hat and a scarf made with matching said yarn combined with fun fur. I abhor acrylic yarn, but I wear that thing dutifully every year. Not only does it keep me warm, but it keeps her alive in my mind. I cherish that gift. I don't know what ever happened to Sachi. But I will love her always.
P.S. For those of you who have asked why I don't have many pictures of myself on my blog, it is because my husband isn't around often enough to take pictures of me in my knits, and it doesn't usually occur to me to get dressed up and model them for you. I'm not that great of a model. Sorry!
Popular Posts
-
Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless ...
-
I had my eye out on this shawl since I started following Julie Crawford’s blog, knittedbliss. I was just looking for the right color contras...
-
First, another shout out to Julie Crawford, of http://knittedbliss.com , for her recent pattern publish in knitty . It seems like a lovely r...
-
Well, I would like to start out by saying,"Welcome to my first blog!" I spent many an hour agonizing over what I would talk about ...
-
I have been in and out of town for a while. A long while. Every 3 weeks. And I have been working on a shawl and making very little headway....
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...
-
Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acqu...
-
This is the Chloe, a pattern by Alana Dakos. I am always partial to her patterns, as I think that they are clever, well-written, pretty, and...
-
I thought that I would give a brief review to The Fibre Company's Road to China Light yarn. Typically this would be done in the Wednesda...
-
It turns out that I did have one new development. I finished the Molly Beret by Alana Dakos. I made it for my friend Lindsay in the violet a...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment