Popular Posts
-
Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless ...
-
This is the Chloe, a pattern by Alana Dakos. I am always partial to her patterns, as I think that they are clever, well-written, pretty, and...
-
It turns out that I did have one new development. I finished the Molly Beret by Alana Dakos. I made it for my friend Lindsay in the violet a...
-
It has come to my attention that in my previous blog that my comments about my good friend, fellow blogger, and designer may have been misin...
-
Well, I would like to start out by saying,"Welcome to my first blog!" I spent many an hour agonizing over what I would talk about ...
-
I have been in and out of town for a while. A long while. Every 3 weeks. And I have been working on a shawl and making very little headway....
-
Ok, so I know that I promised more pics of me, but that has been an epic fail. It has been raining, sleeting, and where I live, there is win...
-
Ok, so I must confess that I didn't even know that this existed until I checked out Julie Crawford's blog http://www.knittedbliss.c...
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...
-
I had my eye out on this shawl since I started following Julie Crawford’s blog, knittedbliss. I was just looking for the right color contras...
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Major Craft Annoyance
What do you do when you are working and working at your craft Iknitting, in this case), and all of a sudden, you feel a compelling urge to walk away and never look at it again? Am I the only one who has ever felt that? It could be that ever project that I have ever worked on, it seems for nearly the past 10 months has been commissioned for someone else. I am tired of working on stuff for other people. I feel like I have lost the joy of knitting stuff for fun just because I want to. And looking forward to knitting stuff for myself. I can count on 1 hand the stuff I have made for myself, and it was usually made in a heated rush, which just sucked the fun right out of it. I can't even put it down and take a break because I am on a deadline. Ack. Then I saw a shawl that I really wanted to make in a catalog, and my hubby said that there is no way I can make it until after my California holiday because we already spent the money on the tickets. Soooo unfair! I know, logical, but totally unfair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment