This week, I received a shipment of vintage yarn from my grandma. It was duchess needlepoint yarn. It is not in the ravelry storehouse, and I had not a clue what to do with it. I didn't really know how much the small skeins would last, so I decided to make a toy. After scouring the toy files, I decided on a stuffed bear. The pattern was easy, quick to work up, and I like the result:
As a matter of fact, it turned out so well, that the creator of the pattern now uses it as an example on the face page of the ravelry pattern. Cool, huh?!
As a brief review of the Duchess yarn, I didn't really know what to expect. I had never really worked with a vintage yarn before. I kind of expected it to be crunchy and blow away the minute that I tried to roll it in a ball. But it held up really well. I guage it to be sport weight. Moth free. Not particularly soft, but not stiff. And resilient. And I had plenty left over. 4 out of 5 stars.
Popular Posts
-
Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless ...
-
Well, I would like to start out by saying,"Welcome to my first blog!" I spent many an hour agonizing over what I would talk about ...
-
I have been in and out of town for a while. A long while. Every 3 weeks. And I have been working on a shawl and making very little headway....
-
Ok, so I know that I promised more pics of me, but that has been an epic fail. It has been raining, sleeting, and where I live, there is win...
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...
-
I had my eye out on this shawl since I started following Julie Crawford’s blog, knittedbliss. I was just looking for the right color contras...
-
This is the Chloe, a pattern by Alana Dakos. I am always partial to her patterns, as I think that they are clever, well-written, pretty, and...
-
Well, this was the week for animals. Amphibians and reptiles. Toy animals, more specifically. Both were patterns from the Spud says! blog by...
-
First, another shout out to Julie Crawford, of http://knittedbliss.com , for her recent pattern publish in knitty . It seems like a lovely r...
-
It turns out that I did have one new development. I finished the Molly Beret by Alana Dakos. I made it for my friend Lindsay in the violet a...
No comments:
Post a Comment