Welcome, folks. Today I am reviewing Rowan Kidsilk Haze, popular in lace knitting. I had an opportunity to use it in the Lace-Tipped striped scarf pattern by Hannah Fettig, which I will be showing pics of on Friday. I can see the value of its popularity due to its lightness and, obviously, the light aura, or "haze" that it provides in the finished product. Also, it has quite a bit of yardage , running at 229 yards per ball. I paid $14.95 a ball at Jimmy Beans Wool, my preferred online yarn store of choice. Also, they come in a wide range of colors.
I have read 20 reviews on the yarn, most commenting on the softness of the fabric provided. The downside being the tediousness of the thin thread. I must concur. I have to say that I would probably use it for only 1 pattern I have. I made a really beautiful long lace scarf early in my knitting career. It was my first lace endeavor ever. It called for a ball of le fibre nobili. Similar effect. But if you make any mistakes with this yarn, you are proverbially screwed. To try to undo it is to make a massive tangle of yarn. So you almost have to buy a "safety ball" to cover your butt. I am not sure it is worth the risk.
So, my conclusion is: Nice effect, but you might want to think twice. 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Dewberry, a lavender color
Popular Posts
-
Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless ...
-
I had my eye out on this shawl since I started following Julie Crawford’s blog, knittedbliss. I was just looking for the right color contras...
-
First, another shout out to Julie Crawford, of http://knittedbliss.com , for her recent pattern publish in knitty . It seems like a lovely r...
-
Well, I would like to start out by saying,"Welcome to my first blog!" I spent many an hour agonizing over what I would talk about ...
-
I have been in and out of town for a while. A long while. Every 3 weeks. And I have been working on a shawl and making very little headway....
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...
-
Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acqu...
-
This is the Chloe, a pattern by Alana Dakos. I am always partial to her patterns, as I think that they are clever, well-written, pretty, and...
-
I thought that I would give a brief review to The Fibre Company's Road to China Light yarn. Typically this would be done in the Wednesda...
-
It turns out that I did have one new development. I finished the Molly Beret by Alana Dakos. I made it for my friend Lindsay in the violet a...

No comments:
Post a Comment