I had my eye out on this shawl since I started following Julie Crawford’s blog, knittedbliss. I was just looking for the right color contrast. I wanted stark simplicity. Think IKEA meets cold winter day. So imagine my glee when I came upon some yarn at a roadside stand. It appeared to be a heavy fingering/light worsted. In a loverly cream and flannel grey. They yarn is nubbly and wonderful. The pattern is great and easy to follow. I would definitely reccomend wet blocking if you have enough room. I didn’t have enough yarn to make a full-size shawl, so it turned out to be more of a shawlette, but I still love it!
I also did this in 2-3 days, but I stayed up 'till 2 in the morning. I don't know if I would reccomend that.
Popular Posts
-
Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acqu...
-
This week, I received a shipment of vintage yarn from my grandma. It was duchess needlepoint yarn. It is not in the ravelry storehouse, and ...
-
I made this as a gift/request for my best friend Marcie. The pattern is by Gudrun Johnston, better known as the Shetland Trader. This is one...
-
Well, I would like to have something of vital importance to review today, but I don't. I only have a miscellaneous rambling. I recently...
-
Ok, so I know that I promised more pics of me, but that has been an epic fail. It has been raining, sleeting, and where I live, there is win...
-
I was hesitant about releasing the pics for my beret, even though I had finished this long ago. Mostly because I wanted really good pics of ...
-
Knitting and Crochet Blog Week:Last Post (Yes, I know I am a day late. Somehow, you are surprised?!)Bring the fortune and life of a past finished project up to the present. Document the current state and use of an object you have knitted or...
-
It's all ok. I know that I haven't been posting as much because I haven't been knitting as much. Truth is, I haven't been do...
-
I had the chance to work with Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton and the regular Cotton, which are pretty much the same product. I really liked ...
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...
ooh, your stripe study looks gorgeous!! I love the colors you chose.
ReplyDelete