I have a new shawl to review that I have finished. It is called the landscape shawl. It is an alarmingly easy shawl. It has a variety of panels, seed stitch, stockinette, and lace in it. It is perfect for a first-timer looking to take on a shawl or a lace project. And it turns out very lovely. My only beef with it is that it says that it requires 430 yards of fingering weight yarn, and even though my guage was spot on, I ran out of yarn and had to leave out some repeats. Fortunately I blocked it out large and it is still more of a shawlette. I would have advertised it as needing more of 470 yards. You want pics?! As you wish:
Popular Posts
-
Welcome, followers! *Crickets* Well, anyhow, this week I did a little detour. I wanted a quick and easy stash busting project. I looked all ...
-
I have a new shawl to review that I have finished. It is called the landscape shawl. It is an alarmingly easy shawl. It has a variety of pan...
-
I thought that I would give a brief review to The Fibre Company's Road to China Light yarn. Typically this would be done in the Wednesda...
-
Well, I have nothing new to report in knitting. For this I apologize. But in my defense, I would say that I am most likely going to need to ...
-
I have been trying to find a new motto for life, both personal, professional, and knitterly. I think I have it. Two words: Beautiful imperf...
-
This is my second afghan squared, which I made out of stash seconds and scraps for a baby. His name is to be Julius Dawson Sutton. Unique. ...
-
Welcome, folks. Today I am reviewing Rowan Kidsilk Haze, popular in lace knitting. I had an opportunity to use it in the Lace-Tipped striped...
-
Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless ...
-
I suffer from the classic knitter/crocheter conundrum: too many projects, needs, wants, wips; not enough time. But I seem to be in an unusua...
-
Well, I would like to start out by saying,"Welcome to my first blog!" I spent many an hour agonizing over what I would talk about ...


No comments:
Post a Comment