Well, folks, on and back to my knitterly life. In the midst of all the chaos of preparing to move, I managed to make myself some fingerless mitts. They are based off of the pattern of the lettuce fingerless mitts to be made out of full o' sheep by the stitch nation. I needed something quick and fast. I was knitting at the speed of light, despite the world crumbling around me, but the cold weather was killing my hands and wrists.
For those of you who do not know, I suffer acutely from fibromyalgia. It is an autoimmune disorder that displays itself in many ways that make itself a nuisance and a pain in my behind, but one of them is something that resembles almost debilitating rheumatoid arthritis.
So it has a lace pattern down the front. I enjoyed this pattern because it does not actually knit in the round. It knits the flat and then you just sew up the side seam and the thumb. It was fast. I chose the color passion fruit because I have a tendency to enjoy jewel-colored tones. But I enjoyed them so much, that I am going to make a quick pair in black and lettuce. Eventually.
And all of my friends love them. So my friend Marcie wants a pair. I hate orange, as I have stated on several occasions, but I am making a pair in clementine. No doubt they will be the subject of my next post. Or my brambles beret. We shall wait and see.
Popular Posts
-
Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acqu...
-
This week, I received a shipment of vintage yarn from my grandma. It was duchess needlepoint yarn. It is not in the ravelry storehouse, and ...
-
I made this as a gift/request for my best friend Marcie. The pattern is by Gudrun Johnston, better known as the Shetland Trader. This is one...
-
Well, I would like to have something of vital importance to review today, but I don't. I only have a miscellaneous rambling. I recently...
-
Ok, so I know that I promised more pics of me, but that has been an epic fail. It has been raining, sleeting, and where I live, there is win...
-
I was hesitant about releasing the pics for my beret, even though I had finished this long ago. Mostly because I wanted really good pics of ...
-
Knitting and Crochet Blog Week:Last Post (Yes, I know I am a day late. Somehow, you are surprised?!)Bring the fortune and life of a past finished project up to the present. Document the current state and use of an object you have knitted or...
-
It's all ok. I know that I haven't been posting as much because I haven't been knitting as much. Truth is, I haven't been do...
-
I had the chance to work with Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton and the regular Cotton, which are pretty much the same product. I really liked ...
-
I was slow to join the party. So I have 2 more topics so that I will have 5 topics to have covered for the 5 days of the week that have gone...



No comments:
Post a Comment